Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"The Morning Star" - Amazing Irish Mandolin CD

I just recently found this CD from Marla Fibish and Jimmy Crowley called "The Morning Star" (Irish Music on Double-Strung Instruments).  I have been playing Irish mandolin for about 15 years or so and this may be the best example of Irish mandolin I have ever heard.  To be honest, I have to admit that most Irish mandolin can be thin, tinny, and shrill, but this CD shows how sweet the mandolin can be when playing Irish music.  Check out this CD!  It's awesome and if you want a full review of this CD check out the Fiddlefreak blog (I have it listed under "My Blog List" down the left hand column of this page.) On the Fiddlefreak blog you can hear sound clips and see a video of Marla Fibish playing her mandolin in a parking garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment